German composer Franz Danzi’s “Basset horn · Sonata, op. 62” (full movement), I created a score based on the sheet which was published by J. André that posted in IMSLP because of there is no score in the library. André’s sheet has a lot of mistakes, so I modified them. You can download full score and part music both Basset Horn and Cello.
- Title: Basset Horn Sonata, Op.62
- Composer: Franz Danzi
- Editor: H. Château
- Instrumentation: B.H and Pf or Vc and Pf
- Score Size: A4
German composer Franz Danzi’s “Basset horn · Sonata, op. 62” (full movement), I created a score based on the sheet which was published by J. André that posted in IMSLP because of there is no score in the library. André’s sheet has a lot of error, so I modified them. You can download full score, part music and Cello version.
There were many mistakes in J. André publication part music as follows. I think that it was wrong when it had been transcribed from Danzi’s handwriting or when had been created part sheet.
- Mistakes in the number of bars of all rest symbols
- Mistakes in musical notes (obviously misaligned etc)
- Mistake in accidental notation (place to be flat is natural etc.)
- Mistakes in grace notes (place to be grace notes are natural etc.)
I have modified the above. By the way, we are not considering whether Appoggiatura and Acciaccatura are accurate or not. Perhaps there should be a place where Appoggiatura are better than Acciaccatura. Please correct it when you play as you think that you are right. Also, I think there are accidental notation which I could not fix without noticing, so if you notice, correct it and play. If you could tell me the mistake, I would fix it.
In addition, we amend the following.
- I added Low-C (actual sound F) to the last measure of the 2nd movement of Basset horn sheet (because it exists in the cello part)
- I corrected Final sound of the 4th movement of Basset Horn from E (actual sound A) to C (actual sound F) (because the cello part is double-stop of F and A. I want the solo instrument ending with root sound.)
- Other minor modifications (I do not remember much of the modified parts, so I think there are other parts modified than the above.)
In André ‘s score, G – clef was written in the cello part, but in modern times C – clef was used, so I rewrote to use it. Likewise, I rewrote the part of F – Clef to use G – Clef in my Basset horn sheet.
Danzi’s music are in the public domain, so there is no copyright problem in this Edition.
Permission is unnecessary for playing. Please use widely and freely, such as concerts, recital, practice. If possible, please describe the name of the editor “H. Château” to a leaflet, a program, etc. If you are going to play this edition at a concert, please tell me. I will go and listen with glad.
[aside type=”warning”]Prohibited matter
- Secondary distribution of this score
- Uploading to a free music score website such as IMSLP
- Binding, publishing or selling without permission
I am looking for a publisher that publishes this score I edited. If you would like to publish, please mail me at the following address.